STGCC 2014

Last year's STGCC seemed like a larger, more varied affair, with a huge Star Wars diorama, grungier artists' works at Artist Alley and well, more shops selling your model kits.

Still this year's STGCC held special significance to me because my good friend and Blythe co-conspirator Caramelaw had a booth at Artist Alley!

Caramelaw busy at her booth on Day 1 (6 Sep 2014). The view from a booth IS different...


Caramelaw's customised rainbow Kobito Dukans and customised Pullips. On the left is Mika the Candy Puppet Princess who was at Pullipcon 2014.


CaramelPops Adventure Time inspired Blythes: BMO and Lumpy Space Princess. Her Adventure Time inspired Tree Trunks Blythe evokes the image, scent and taste of cool, crisp, juicy apples!


CaramelPops customised Blythes (left to right): my anime inspired Nyanko-sensei and Yamamaya (who insisted on displaying themselves and hanging out with their fellow CaramelPops cousins), and an Adventure Time inspired Princess Bubblegum Blythe.

I was very proud of the fact that there were people who were interested in Caramelaw's work. Not only her customised dolls but also her other works made into the form of postcards, posters and canvases. I was also very proud of the fact that people showed her customised dolls interest. I suppose I was hoping for too much when I hoped they would all sell out... People who generally come to STGCC aren't quite like the dedicated doll collectors at Blythe Con and Pullip Con.

Other than occasionally helping out at the booth, I made a few rounds with Hubby. Bought some things. Took photos of some things. Mainly paid attention to things that interested me heaps. So certainly, my experience is rather skewed.

Iron Patriot and the new Robocop

STGCC 2014 special edition danboards, distributed by The Falcon's Hangar.

STGCC 2014 special edition danboards, distributed by The Falcon's Hangar.

STGCC 2014 special edition danboards, distributed by The Falcon's Hangar.

Fluffy House toys.

Fluffy House toys - they come with awesomely kawaii clothes.

TwelveDot's Apo Frogs - the outfits are handmade!

Awesome t-shirts from TeeTurtle! Clearly many people thought so too.


My STGCC 2014 loot. Quite tame compared to our Tokyo 2014 trip...


I rather like Mr. White Cloud in these insanely cute outfits...

Comments