Jamie by Mariuka Dolls Custom (Andreea Mariuka)

She was shipped really quickly, but the week felt like forever! When Jamie arrived, my heart almost burst with the built-up anticipation.

The Great Unboxing . . .

Jamie probably felt a little overwhelmed when unboxed. But some of my girls (and boy) were too excited and couldn't wait. Shion is already offering to share clothes. After Jamie was unboxed, the girls sat her down and offered her hot tea and a hot meal, so she could relax and recover from her travels. Travelling in a box isn't the most pleasant, even though she was securely and nicely packed in.


Jamie is a Mariuka Dolls custom Penny Precious with a Punkaholic People scalp, Licca tilt neck body, 2 pairs of eye chips handpainted by Mariuka Dolls and 2 pairs by Brainworm. Jamie has a twin sister, Jimmy, who still lives with creator Andreea.

Some time in January 2014, I saw Jimmy on Mariuka Dolls' flickr page and it was love at first sight. I mean, I love Mariuka Dolls' work, but somehow little Jimmy captured a very special place in my heart. But I sort of gave up hope that she would be up for adoption as Andreea wrote in her captions that she was going to keep Jimmy.

After some very busy months down the road, one day (to be exact, my and Hubby's 11th get-together anniversary) I decided to check out eBay on a whim and saw the auction for Jamie, Jimmy's twin! I looked at her and my heart just inexplicably skipped a beat. Before I knew it, I was on the phone with Hubby, babbling about wanting to adopt another little girl.

Hubby was a cute one. He didn't say much over the phone. But I found out later that he decided we'd try to adopt her, as a gift to me for our 11th get-together anniversary. (This year is also a doubly special year for us.)

Jamie by Mariuka Dolls (Andreea Mariuka)

After her unboxing, a hot meal and hot tea, Jamie seemed to fit in well with everyone else in her new home. But she clearly misses her twin Jimmy. When Jamie was pensively contemplating her changed circumstances, Shion tried to comfort Jamie, and told Jamie that while she can't replace Jimmy, she promises to share her toys and clothes, teach Jamie lessons and play with Jamie.

I am very grateful to Andreea (Mariuka Dolls) for creating Jamie.

In keeping with the yotsub4 family tradition, she will be christened with a Japanese adoptive name. At the moment, I am thinking of one that best suits her. The girls have decided that her Japanese adoptive name will be "Aoi" (; kana: あおい), the hollyhock flower (Alcea genus) "Yui" (ユイ).

Comments