Food Diary - Cambridge Chop House

The Cambridge Chop House

First day of the Cambridge visit, Hubby took me to lunch at the Cambridge Chop House. He told me it's a very popular place, and is one of the recommended places to eat at in Cambridge.


Several things on the menu tempted me - the sirloin steak, the port braised neck of lamb, the beef Wellington, the 'nose to tail' pork... In the end, I had one of the daily specials - ale-braised beef cheeks, mashed potatoes, bashed carrots and braised red cabbage.


Hubby had the 9 oz sirloin served with bashed carrots and wedges, and pink peppercorn sauce (£20).


Honestly, I did not expect much in terms of decent food in Cambridge. But I was so wrong.

So I like the Chop House. Honestly, I did not expect much in terms of decent food in Cambridge. But I was so wrong.

The hearty portions left me with no stomach space for dessert. And a pity because how I would have liked to try the elderflower and winter fruit jelly with champagne sorbet. Oh! and the British cheese board - the selection consisted of Shropshire blue, Cornish organic brie, applewood smoked cheddar, white Nancy goats cheese. How can you go wrong there?!

Comments