Mini Christmas Gathering - Aki Autumn, Mogu Miqqi Chan & Aoi Robin

Melacacia human hair custom #150 Autumn, Dr Blythenstein custom Mogu Miqqi Chan, Almond Doll custom #51 Robin

Had a little dinner meet-up on Boxing Day with Caramelaw and we brought our new girls to introduce them to each other. Caramelaw's Dr Blythenstein yarnhead, Mogu Miqqi Chan, is a ginormous mushroom-headed wonder! Am really tempted to commission a yarnhead with him now.

Aoi Robin, Mogu Miqqi Chan, Aki Autumn

Brought my two latest adoptees (both surprise gifts from my 素晴らしい Hubby!): a Melacacia human hair custom named Autumn, and an Almond Doll Christmas custom named Robin.

I've longed for girls by Almond Doll girl and Melacacia since I started collecting (which is actually not that long). My wonderful Hubby stayed up into the wee hours to adopt Autumn and Robin for me!

Aki Autumn and Aoi Robin

The Melacacia custom, Autumn, is a Nicky Lad with auburn human hair reroot (weft) and four pairs of Melacacia hand-painted eye chips. Shampooed and conditioned her hair when she arrived, and it's now rather soft. The yotsub4 girls decided her adoption name would be "Aki" () - nothing too ambitious, as it means "autumn".

Aoi Robin

The Almond Doll custom, Robin, is a Night Flower with four pairs of Almond Doll hand-painted eye chips. She was the second of the Almond Doll 2014 Christmas girls - the other was Ginger, a sweet-faced ginger redhead, whom I had also fallen in love with. I initially considered adopting Ginger (given my penchant for sweet-faced dolls and redheads) but Almond Doll's W.I.P. picture of Robin with her mesmerising eyes...just pierced my heart.


The girls had a hard time with giving Robin an appropriate adoptee name. We wanted to name her after opal (the precious mineral) because of her mesmerising eyes but the Japanese word for "opal" did not sound nice at all. After some thought, Hubby and little Jamie decided that the name "Aoi" () better suited Robin. Jamie said she preferred to be named "Yui" (ユイ), after the A.I. in Sword Art Online (ソードアート・オンライン).

Aki Autumn and Mogu Miqqi Chan

Aki Autumn, Aoi Robin, Mogu Miqqi Chan

Aki Autumn, Aoi Robin, Mogu Miqqi Chan

Comments