Amigurumi Elephant for Jude (Craft Passion × Pica Pau Mashup)

Amigurumi elephant, made using patterns by Craft Passion and the ears of Luisa Elephant in Yan Schenkel's Pica Pau 2 (IG).

Completed the 3rd amigurumi toy for my nephew Jude just after Christmas Day... This little elephant will be joining the amigurumi lion and giraffe that I made for him back in November (posted here). Hadn't realised until I started on the elephant that by coincidence, all the animals I chose to make are safari animals!

As with the lion and giraffe, the elephant is also made using the free pattern by Craft Passion (pattern here). But I changed it a little. Omitted the embroidery on the arms and legs, and I used the ears from the Luisa Elephant in Yan Schenkel's Animal Friends of Pica Pau 2. I added additional rounds to Yan's pattern to make the ears large enough to match Craft Passion's pattern. I bought Pica Pau 2 recently from Kinokuniya, and really liked the shape of Luisa Elephant's ears... And so I decided to use it for this. I do plan to make the Luisa Elephant at a later stage!

Elephant amigurumi in Lion Brand Feels Like Butta yarn (IG).

I used a 3.5mm hook for the elephant, instead of the 2.5mm for the other 2. And for the yarn, this time, is Lion Brand Feels Like Butta in #108 dusty blue, bought on sale at Spotlight. The tusks are done with the cotton-acrylic Puppy Yarn (by Tiny Rabbit Hole) in white.

Elephant amigurumi, up close... (more on IG). 

Speaking of the lion and giraffe that I had already gifted earlier (posted here)..... It turns out that my niece Claire really likes the giraffe, and has been playing with it a lot! According to my brother-in-law, she has appropriated it from my nephew Jude. She now takes it everywhere with her, and hugs it to sleep too.

My niece with the giraffe that was gifted earlier (posted here).

As for the elephant, Jude loves it. As soon as he received it, he started playing with it, and chewing on its nose, which is a sign that he loves the toy, and feels comfortable with it. In fact, he also takes it around everywhere, and it is his go-to toy whenever the toy box is opened. When playing with it, he likes to use the elephant's arms to cover its eyes, or to flap its ears. It's quite funny and adorable to watch him at play with it.


Tools & Materials Used:

Comments