Hyacinth Bulb Amigurumi (Happy Coridon)

This little one marks the 3rd crochet milestone for me! Made with the hyacinth bulb amigurumi pattern by Happy Coridon (pattern here), using a 1.75mm hook. Bought this pattern (along with the narcissus and spring bulb patterns) when I started learning to crochet. It's taken me a while to feel confident enough to attempt this.

Quite a lot of love, time and labour went into this hyacinth bulb.

Hyacinth bulb amigurumi, pattern by Happy Coridon (more on IG)

I didn't have all the colours in lace weight yarn, so I divided the yarn strand in half, using the Scheepjes Catona in my yarn stash.

The pattern was easy to follow, but making this was quite challenging. Working with lace weight yarn and the 1.75mm hook was a challenge in itself, and my fingers cramped a lot. But it's also challenging because of the many small parts. Part of it was self-inflicted because I made 22 flowers, instead of 19 as specified by the pattern. Yeah, I got greedy. The additional flowers actually made assembly more challenging, on top of the extra labour....

Assembling the hyacinth bulb amigurumi, which has many small parts.

Materials & Tools Used:

  • Hyacinth bulb pattern by Happy Coridon (pattern here)
  • 1.75mm Clover Amour crochet hook
  • Yarn:
    • Milford Satin Perle No.3 in green (lace weight)
    • Scheepjes Catona No.412 Forest Green, No.157 Root Beer, No.508 Deep Amethyst (yarn strand divided in half)
    • Scheepjes Catona No.130 Old Lace (undivided)
  • 4mm safety eyes (Craft Supprise)
  • DMC 25 in Blanc and No.752, Anchor Stranded Cotton in No.36
  • Polyester fiberfill

Comments