Queen Elizabeth II, 21 April 1926 - 8 September 2022

We were not expecting the email titled "Queen Elizabeth II" from colleagues in England.... When I made the QE II amigurumi from Crochet Iconic Women in honour of her Platinum Jubilee, I never expected that she would return to the Lord's arms in such a short time.

Queen Elizabeth II may not have been the sovereign of my country (at least during my lifetime), but she was the head of the Commonwealth, to which Singapore belongs. From the day I was born, she was Queen of England and head of the Commonwealth, so it is very difficult to wrap my head around the news. (And around the fact that Prince Charles is now King Charles III.)

On a personal level, she was someone I deeply admired and respected. So, it is sad, heavy news that we have witnessed the passing of a great queen, and the end of a second Elizabethan age.

Queen Elizabeth II, Crochet Iconic Women, Carla Mitrani Amour Fou (@amourfou_crochet).

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:32 pm

    is hier een patroon van Queen elizabeth.gr wilkors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. While I'd love to hear from you, I believe it is important to have a respectful and open-minded environment in which to express our views. Different views are welcome; abuse, hate speech and cyberbullying are not. Freedom of speech does not justify the unacceptable.