Tirin & Katten Cap Sleeve Dress - nani IRO #2, Part 2

Elizabeth Rose and Junie Moon Home Sweet Home modelling the empire-line dresses - Elizabeth wearing the one made with nani IRO 'Le Nani - For beautiful corolla - spring rain' and HSH wearing the one made with nani IRO 'Fuccra : rakuen カウアイ' (IG)

Loop closures (IG album)
For completeness, just had to post about how happy I am with the results of the bunch of Tirin & Katten dresses I started making in mid-April (posted here).

Also adapted Tirin & Katten's pattern to make an empire-line, full length version, and am happy that they turned out fairly well. ୧(๑>ᴗ<๑)୨

Though I donated some of the cap sleeve dresses to BCSG 2017 (posted here), I'm keeping the empire-line ones for my babies.

Used loop closures for this batch, partly as an experiment, but mainly because I ran out of snap buttons. The loop closures are more form-fitting and are an elegant touch, but they are a bit of a pain to open and close... So I did rather regret using them.


Had Aoi Robin model the empire-line version that was made with nani IRO "Sen Ritsu - エンブ" double gauze (IG).


And had Sophie Miyu model the one made with nani IRO "Lei nani - For beautiful corolla - brilliant memory" linen (IG).

Momiji wearing the nani IRO 'En Garden - 喜-Ki' cap sleeve dress (Tokyo, 01.09.2017) (IG)

Really love the floral designs of the nani IRO series, and managed to get my hands on some of the older fabric, like the lovely emerald green "En Garden - 喜-Ki".


A little wistful that I found nani IRO rather late, and missed out on some of the beautiful designs that were available a few years ago, like "little letter". But that aside, the fabric really inspires me to be more ambitious with sewing projects!

Comments