Happy New Year 2018

Happy New Year! (IG album)

Happy New Year folks!

I'm not usually one to do holiday photographs with the girls. Except for last year's Chinese New Year, I didn't do any other holiday-themed photo session in 2017. So the original plan had been to do an elaborate New Year 2018 one... with a huge feast, with more girls, all showcasing the pretty clothes I got at BCSG 2017, and the kadomatsu I bought in the recent trip to Japan. Well, the grand plans didn't materialise.... Sorry, girls.... Mommy will try to do better for 2019.


Dressed the girls up in some kimono I had made quite long ago. All are my early Blythe kimono attempts. Elizabeth is wearing a brown furisode with clouds and gold pine needles (above left), which I made back in early 2016. Around the same time as the camellia blossom one Mitsuha is wearing. The spring-green cherry blossom furisode on Velouria was made in mid-2014. And Makoto is in a cream furisode with cherry blossoms and bamboo leaves, which I also made in early 2016. (It's actually still incomplete...if you look close enough....)

It's a timely reminder that it's time to make more kimono and obi.

New Year food (IG album)

This 2018 New Year spread is nowhere near as lavish as 2017's Chap Goh Mei but there's o-nabe and gyoza, traditional Shogatsu foods like osechi and mochi, and auspicious foods like mame daifuku!

Comments