Blouse in nani IRO "Fuccra : rakuen I" (nani IRO 2018)

Recently finished a blouse using nani IRO "Fuccra : rakuen - I" double gauze from my nani IRO 2018 stash. Even though there're so many beautiful new designs in the 2018 season, the "Fuccra : rakuen" design is still my No. 1 favourite nani IRO design. The "I" colourway from the nani IRO 2018 release is bright and cheerful, and evokes a sense of spring.

Blouse in nani IRO "Fuccra : rakuen - I" (nani IRO 2018) (IG)
Originally thought of using it to make a blouse in the same pattern as the "Fuccra : rakuen カウアイ" gathered pullover, but with the flutter sleeves. But I ended up making a modified version of the blouse from page 13 of Konbu Hisako's Simple Style in Kimono Material1 which looks quite like the "Fuccra : rakuen カウアイ" gathered pullover.... (For a working English translation, see PDF here, or see Translations page.) The look is almost the same as the gathered pullover but with set-in sleeves and gathered at the waist.

The size in the book is slightly too large for me, so I had to make some size alterations to the pattern, which resulted in a few mistakes. Forgot to correspondingly adjust the seam lines for the side panels, so the front and back ones didn't align. I left out the back seams. It wasn't a big deal anyway, because I left out the side panels in the pattern and cut the front and back in a continuous piece each. The idea was to stitch a pintuck at each seam line, to give the impression that there was a seam.

My other mistake was the armholes. They were a little larger than the corresponding sleeves. Had to gather the armholes slightly to fix that.... Hmmm. I think I was not supposed to size down the sleeves as well. Oops.

Initially messed up the measurements when making the cuffs (as posted on Instagram). Accidentally made one 30cm and the other 27cm, but have since fixed them. Initially wanted to just leave them as is, but the 3cm difference was pretty visible and kind of triggered my maladaptive perfectionism. It was a pain to unpick the stitching!!! But it got done, and they now match up.

Otherwise, am pretty happy with my effort! Tried on the blouse and it sits well on my the shoulders. It's now gone into the laundry, and I'm moving on to finish up my next WIP piece!

-------
1. Full Title:「着物地でシンプルスタイル」昆布尚子(著), 文化出版局 (2010/9/17). Romaji: Kimono-ji de Shinpuru Sutairu. English: Simple Style in Kimono Material. Author: Konbu Hisako. Publisher: Bunka Publishing Bureau (17 September 2010) (Amazon Jp).

Comments