Visiting Caramelaw Candy Land!

© 2018 Christine/yotsub4. All Rights Reserved.
Caramelaw working her CaramelPops Candy Land magic (1.9.2018) (on IG).

Recently, Hubs and I have been hanging out with Sheena at her new home. Hubby and Lurbs fire up the PS4, while she and I do the crafty thing in her new studio, which she affectionately calls Candy Cave.

© 2018 Christine/yotsub4. All Rights Reserved.
Caramelaw's new Candy Cave (1.9.2018).

For many months, everyday after work, she's goes into Candy Cave and works her magic. She's been hard at work creating dolly stuff for the upcoming BC Beijing. This weekend was no different. Except this weekend she had a pair of helping hands...mine.

This weekend, she's been photographing the items she created for BCBJ, and then packing them away into protective bags for storage and transportation...all in readiness for their flight to Beijing.

© 2018 Christine/yotsub4. All Rights Reserved.
Caramelaw, prepping for BC Beijing (14.10.2018).

Somehow things do move faster with just one more pair of hands. Or then again, time moves faster when you're having fun. We'd chat while our hands are busy with dolly / craft activities, and the packing, labeling, etc. Work definitely gets done faster when it is shared.

© 2018 Christine/yotsub4. All Rights Reserved.
BC Beijing Prep (14.10.2018).

This week, she focused on putting together the custom Blythe dolls, their accessories, clothes and stands. Of the custom dolls she made for BCBJ, my attention was totally stuck on Kuromi, with her striking combination of colours. Sheena doesn't use black much, if at all. So Kuromi's colour combo makes her stand out from the others.

© 2018 Christine/yotsub4. All Rights Reserved.
BC Beijing Prep (14.10.2018).

It's been pretty exciting, seeing her repertoire grow and her style evolve. With the Bobapops and candy vinyl pandas in the mix, she has a wider variety of items this time, compared to BCSG last year.

Also, her Pombands have become larger, whackier, more kimo-kawaii and more colourful than before!

© 2018 Christine/yotsub4. All Rights Reserved.
BC Beijing Prep - Caramelaw's Pombands (14.10.2018).

She experimented more this time, and made a few humongous candy pink unicorn Pombands. Those unicorn Pombands make me feel nostalgic because they remind me of the cotton candy I used to love eating as a kid....

It was this bright pink cotton candy that came in a silvery-coloured packet. Unfortunately, I can't remember the brand or what the packet looked like. But I remember the candy's smell that wafted out when I tore open the packet, the shiok sensation I had when I took my first bite, and the sticky lips and fingers at the end of each indulgence. It is one of the few good sweet (haha) memories of my childhood that I have. (And I don't have many.) I doubt I'd be able to find that candy again...the candy maybe, but not in the same packaging anyway. In any case, I doubt I would actually enjoy eating it. Funny what age and experience can do to one's taste buds and taste preferences.

Anyway, with this side trip down memory lane, I'm off.... It's another day of wrestling with the next project on the table.

Comments