Amigurumi Space Dusty & Xiaobai (Tiny Cat Amigurumi by Tiny Curl, Round 2)

So... 2020 is at an end!!! It has been one weird and crazy year, with the COVID19 pandemic and all. Kind of like the world stood still, and yet life goes on....

The last amigurumi toys that I made in 2020 are these 2 little kitties (below), and a bright pink balloon dog using the pattern by Ohana Craft (posted here). All 3 are gifts!

// Xiaobai and (Space) Dusty (IG) //

Made these 2 little ones after making the first one (posted here). They were inspired by Sheena's 2 cats, Xiaobai (小白) and Dusty, and I made these 2 for her as well. Both are made using Tiny Curl's Tiny Cat pattern (pattern here).

Now there're 2 versions of Dusty. The first one I made, I used Hainchan's Tira pattern (posted here). Hainchan's Tira pattern is available is here. Sheena told me that she took that Dusty to her office, where it now graces Sheena's work station, and keeps her company through the work week. Sweet!

// Xiaobai and (Space) Dusty (IG) //

Xiaobai is a rather timid little one, compared to the more independent, territorial Dusty. Xiaobai is smaller in size to Dusty but, at one time, chubbier than Dusty, as Xiaobai is more an indoor cat, whereas Dusty loves to roam the outdoors.

// Their cute little butts!!! (IG) They're both watching Somebody Feed Phil with me. //

They're both made using Lion Brand Feels Like Butta yarn. I used a 3.5mm hook for Dusty (but tightly crocheted), and a 2.5mm hook for Xiaobai (but a little loosely crocheted).

To get their tails to stand upright, and for shaping, I crocheted the tail around bendy wire. The wire was actually recycled from some electronics I bought way back. Those little plastic-coated bendy wires used to bundle up electronic wires are really handy this way too.

And... here's a little bit of fun rubbish. As I was stuffing the last bit of Dusty, the way the fiberfill looked as I was stuffing her gave me this idea....

// Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the space cat Dusty. Her life-long mission: to occupy strange new worlds, to attract new life and civilisations, to boldly blow where no kitty has blown before..... (IG) //

Comments