Closet Core Kalle Shirt Dress, Revisited

Okay, I'm real slow with sewing projects. But here's the knee-length version of the Closet Core Kalle shirt dress. I was inspired by the cool and amazing maxi shirt dress version by Tessa of @sewspoke, but because of some mistakes, it became a knee-length one instead.

Closet Core Kalle Shirt Dress in "Fallen Song" cotton sateen by Ellen McKenna (IG).

My first Kalle Shirtdress was made with nani IRO cotton sateen (fuccra rakuen print in Mallorca and Pipi colourways) and I wanted to make another. I was inspired by the above-mentioned @sewspoke post to make a maxi shirt dress version. Unfortunately, I messed up while cutting the fabric, and ended up with a knee-length version instead. Slap me. This version is with the band collar.

Am feeling super lazy to make the buttonholes, so I've yet to do the buttons and buttonholes on the shirt, so.........I'll...get...to...that... At some point.

Until then, stay safe, stay healthy y'all!

-------

Pattern: Closet Core Kalle Shirt Dress (lengthened)
Fabric: "Fallen Song" cotton sateen by Ellen McKenna for Nerida Hansen Fabrics, bought from NekoNeko Fabric (added to the fabric stash last year!)

Comments