[Food Diary] Birthday Noodles: Fuzhou Hong Zao Chicken Mee Sua
The first birthday spent in our new place. I made hong zao chicken mee sua (红糟酒鸡面线) with an egg, as per Fuzhounese tradition. Been wanting to do this for a long while. Even more strongly since I reflected on some family history and heritage last year; a rare occasion when I wrote about something family-related without the baggage.
The rest of this post has been moved here.
Cheers to longevity, good luck, vitality, completeness and a smooth, auspicious year!
![]() |
| Hong zao chicken mee sua, with an egg (a jammy egg!) |

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, and I believe it is important to have a respectful and open-minded environment in which to express our views. Different views are welcome; abuse, hate speech and cyberbullying are not. Freedom of speech does not justify the unacceptable.