Tirin & Katten Cap Sleeve Dress - nani IRO #1

Earlier this year, in January, I bought the Blythe cap sleeve dress pattern made by Eva Hovelsrød of Tirin & Katten. I love Tirin & Katten dresses, but I was never able to get my paws on them for various reasons. So, I was delighted when Eva made available the dress pattern.

Blythe cap sleeve dress in nani IRO double gauze (on IG)

My 1st attempt, using a blue floral cotton fabric, was...not up to scratch. And the cotton was a little stiff, so it didn't hang very well. For my 2nd and 3rd attempts, I used nani IRO double gauze, one of my favourite fabrics because of its softness and beautiful colours.

Blythe cap sleeve dress in nani IRO "wild ←→ elegant wind" in wave green (on IG)

For one, I used wild ←→ elegant wind in wave green, which I bought from Nomura Tailor in May last year. To me, the cloth's pattern resemble a field of tall grass bent over by waves of rushing wind, and also the traditional Japanese pattern of dew-grass, called tsuyushiba (露芝). Like the tsuyushiba pattern, this pattern also gives an impression of freshness. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of cutting the fabric with the pattern in the wrong direction. (>,<)

Blythe cap sleeve dress in nani IRO "Fuccra : rakuen カウアイ"

The other attempt was made using Fuccra : rakuen カウアイ, which I found at Handicraft Dream in the summer of 2015.

Blythe cap sleeve dress in nani IRO "Fuccra : rakuen カウアイ"

I absolutely love love love the beautiful blue and the bold floral patterns. This nani IRO pattern has got to be my No. 1 favourite in my entire nani IRO stash by far.

Am somewhat happy with the results, but I think I need to get in some practice.

(This post was edited on 29 September 2017.)

Comments