HANON Embroidered Smock Dress - nani IRO "Fuccra rakuen"

「HANON」Embroidered Smock Dress in nani IRO "Fuccra : rakuen"

Finished making 3 smock dresses last week, using the Embroidered Smock Dress pattern in Doll Sewing Book「HANON」by Satomi Fujii (藤井 里美) of Hanon Satomi (link). I really like the rustic shabby chic style of her designs. After trying my hand on the Hanon Satomi Frill Dress workshop kit last year (posted here), I got kind of hooked on the idea of making more of her designs.

WIP -「HANON」Embroidered Smock Dress in nani IRO "Fuccra : rakuen ピピモーリシャス"

Made them with the remaining nani IRO "Fuccra : rakuen ピピモーリシャス" and "Fuccra : rakuen カウアイ" fabric that I had earmarked for Blythe stuff. Didn't have much left of the ピピモーリシャス fabric left after making a classic Tirin & Katten cap sleeve dress, and the modified, long empire-line version of it (posted here). Still have about 1.5m of the カウアイ fabric left, earmarked for Human stuff (back in 2015 when I bought it in Kyoto). Guess if there's any leftover, I could try scrapping together enough for another Blythe outfit.

WIP - Added reverse smocking stitches to the gathers

This past year of Blythe clothes-making practice has been very rewarding, and I'm really happy that my hand-stitching has become more consistent. Previously, I didn't have much time to get much sewing done, so I get this sense of satisfaction welling up when I see the rows of neat, regular stitches.

Comments