One Piece Dress in nani IRO "RIPPLE A" (nani IRO 2018)

Finished making another item with fabric from my nani IRO 2018 stash — a one-piece dress in nani IRO "RIPPLE A" double gauze. Originally started making this piece before the "Fuccra : rakuen I" blouse, but as the lining fabric was yet to be prewashed and cut, I set it aside and went on to make the blouse first.

A-line one-piece dress in nani IRO "RIPPLE A" double gauze.

Adore the pink and green ombre colourway of "RIPPLE A" double gauze. Like the the "Fuccra : rakuen I" blouse, this fabric also evokes spring. In fact, it reminds me of a fine, breezy spring day and sakura trees in bloom. Not sure why. Perhaps it's because of my recent hanami trip to Japan.......

nani IRO "RIPPLE A" double gauze, nani IRO 2018 by Ito Naomi.

I wanted to keep the fabric design as intact as possible, to showcase the colours, so I made an A-line dress using the same pattern as the "Fuccra : rakuen カウアイ" one-piece dress, pattern 26 in Takahashi Emiko's Tenuide Tsukuru Sawayakana Otona Fuku.1

Made size alterations to the pattern — took the sides in by one size, so I didn't have the same armhole sizing issue as the previous time. But was a bit off in the alignment of the fabric pattern for the front and back though. I didn't properly match up the position of the sewing pattern when I traced and cut the fabric, so the part where the pink faded into green doesn't match up when I stitched the front and back together. Boo. (。•́︿•̀。) Oh well. I guess overall it's not very noticeable, so I'll live with it.

On a separate note, I acquired another bunch of pattern books over the Labour Day long weekend.

My little helper with the new books!

While browsing through them, I saw a few patterns that are making me re-think the patterns I was planning to use for my other nani IRO sewing projects....

-------
1. Full title:「手ぬいで作るさわやかな大人服 (レディブティックシリーズ No. 3564)」高橋 恵美子(著)、ブティック社 (2013/4/22). Romaji: Tenuide Tsukuru Sawayakana Otona Fuku (Redi Butikku Shirizu No. 3564). English: Handmade Refreshing Adult Clothing (Lady Boutique Series No. 3564). Author: Takahashi Emiko. Publisher: Boutique Co. (22 April 2013) (Amazon Jp).

Comments