[Back Post] Japan with Peko-chan 2017 #7/9 - Osaka: nani IRO & Junie Moon

Peko-chan at the Junie Moon Osaka photo box for Christmas (December 2017)!

From Nagasaki (Part 6, I and II), we took a domestic flight to back to the Chuubu region for the remaining parts of our Nov/Dec 2017 trip. To be specific, we flew to Osaka where we picked up our rental car, made quick stops at 2 stores before heading to Awajishima (Part 8). It's not our first time in Osaka and I've posted about parts of central Osaka extensively in the travelogue series with Cleo Makoto (posted here). This time, we only did some quick shopping at ATELIER to naniIRO and the Junie Moon Osaka Horie store.

ATELIER to naniIRO, Osaka

This is my first proper visit to the naniIRO atelier. (But not my last. In February 2018, we passed through again so I could get some a whole bunch of prints from the naniIRO 2018 season. Some of which I've made into an A-line dress and a pullover blouse.) Even though I still have a lot of naniIRO fabric in my fabric stash, as well as some I bought from Tomato in Tokyo Nippori Textile Town (Part 5), I still couldn't help buying more.

The combined naniIRO loot from Tomato (Tokyo) and Atelier to naniIRO (Osaka).

Found some older prints. Was especially happy to get my paws on "little letter - Irene" and the atelier-exclusive "sen ritsu - Tempo" compass cotton prints! The "sen ritsu - Tempo" cotton is lovely and I'm planning to use it to make a shawl collar dress from a Kaigai Tatsuya pattern book. But more on that when I actually do get round to making it. (I am hesitant because it requires making buttonholes.)

Junie Moon Osaka Horie store, shop window all dressed up for Christmas!

After the naniIRO atelier we popped by Junie Moon Osaka Horie store which opened about a year ago, in December 2016. I love the shop window display, which had a white Christmas theme.

Junie Moon Osaka Horie store

Helped a friend get one of the newly released stock dolls and also some hair accessories!

Paper toy from Junie Moon Osaka

Along with our purchase, we received this cut-and-fold paper miniatures as omake from the store.

Onto...Awajishima (Part 8)!


Japan with Peko-chan, Chubu-Kansai-Kyushu, Nov & Dec 2017
🚗 Suwa, Nagano • Lake Suwa • Suwa Glass Museum • Seiko Shiojiri
🚗 Hida Mountains • Shirakawa-go • Takayama • Hida Furukawa
🚗 Tokyo • Nakiryu & Kagari • Akihabara • Nippori Textile Town • Wadakura Fountain Park & Kokyo Gaien • Gundam Unicorn, Odaiba • National Art Centre (Kimi no Na wa. exhibition) • Nezu Museum • Kimi no Na wa.
✈️ Nagasaki Part I & Part II • Glover Garden • Old Chinese Quarter • Chinatown • Dejima • Oura Cathedral • 26 Martyrs Memorial & Museum • Atomic Bomb Museum • Hypocentre Park • Nyokodo • Sanno Shrine
✈️ Osaka • Atelier to naniIRO • Junie Moon Osaka
🚗 Awajishima • Yumesenkei Besso Amahara • Senzan Senkoji • Izanagi Jingu • Onokorojima Shrine • Sumoto Castle • Eshima • Hokudan Earthquake Memorial Park (Nojima Fault) • O-naruto Bridge & Naruto Whirlpools • Akashi Kaikyo Bridge • Awaji beef & Awaji Burger
🚗 Kobe • Kobe Luminarie 2017 • Port of Kobe Earthquake Memorial • Kitano Ijinkan

Comments